Home » , , , , , , , , » Sailing (Cover Version of Rod Stewart)

Sailing (Cover Version of Rod Stewart)

Sailing

This is an old song I wish to dedicate to the seagulls birds at Sunderland. We shall meet again very soon and miss them dearly. Fortunately Susan Dixon still lovingly kindly feeding them with care and loving kindness. I am hoping more human beings will feed them and no more killing in the near future. I am glad that I finally found my home land and it is called Sunderland.


I Am Sailing

Whenever you see a (E) which indicated it had been enhanced using youtube tools to make it louder.
If you unable to watch the video over this blog, please click here.




Published on Sep 30, 2015
Ref: 20150930-00051-2015071402-00000-SUNP0001
Recorded at Jerantut, Pahang, M'sia

If you unable to watch the video over this blog, please click here.




Those who love to listen to my singing and keen to invite me to sing in any concert as your guest singer or xfactor, BGT, AGT, The Voice or any musical events, feel free contact me at london.jamesnakason at gmail dot com. Preferred countries mostly from USA, Canada, Russia, EU, UK, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Thailand, Philippines, Australia, NZ, India and South America. I love singing, and play musical instruments like Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Bass, Harmonica (24 holes), Violin, Recorder (Soprano & Treble-altro), Midi gadgets.

Special Attention my dear FOLKS ...
Backup FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Nakason/335170904327
FYI, The above link had been removed by the BLOODY EVIL PARASITES FUCKbook, due to their BLOODY lame excuses copySHIT law.  My cover songs have NO COMMERCIAL VALUE and I am only just a student learning to sing these songs and put that online so that my friends or anyone can comment on it so I can continue to improve my singing.  These EVIL BASTARDS removed my most favourite FUCKbook fan page on above link.


FB: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone006/ 
Latest FUCKbook: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone001/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesNakasoneHuangCareer/posts
Blogger: Site: http://jntubechannels.blogspot.com/
Blogger Site: http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.com/
Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/c/JamesNakasoneHuangCareer
Backup Youtube Site: https://www.youtube.com/user/dhammatunes 
Download: https://vimeo.com/99999999
News: X Factor hopefuls experience joy and sorrow at auditions in Sage Gateshead

Contact: Skype id: jamesnakasone or alphajanaka

Video Shot by Myself
Video Edited by Myself
"I Am Sailing" Originally sang by The Sutherland Bros
Written by: Gavin Sutherland.

Category: Music
License Standard: YouTube License
Created using: YouTube Video Editor
Source videos: View attributions

I Am Sailing


From: Wikipedia, the free encyclopaedia.
"Sailing" is a song written and recorded by The Sutherland Bros. Band (featuring the Sutherland Brothers Gavin and Iain). Released in June 1972, it can be found on their album Lifeboat released in the same year.[2]

Rod Stewart recorded the song at Muscle Shoals Sound Studio in Sheffield, Alabama, for his 1975 album Atlantic Crossing, and it was subsequently a number 1 hit in the UK in September 1975 for four weeks.[3] The single returned to the UK top 10 a year later when used as the theme music for the BBC documentary series Sailor, about HMS Ark Royal. Having been a hit twice, it remains Stewart's biggest-selling single in the UK, with sales of over a million copies.[4]

The music video was shot in New York Harbor in 1975 and credited with a 1978 completion date. It also was one of the first to be aired on MTV when it launched on 1 August 1981.[5] Despite Stewart's great popularity in the United States, the song never climbed higher than number 58 on the Billboard Hot 100.[6]

The song was re-released by Stewart as a charity single after the Zeebrugge ferry disaster in 1987,[7] and was reworked by a group of musicians led by Steve Hackett as a protest song against the repatriation of Vietnamese boat people by Hong Kong in 1990.[8] Stewart performed the song at the Concert for Diana (a concert in memory of Diana, Princess of Wales, who had died 10 years earlier) at Wembley stadium on 1 July 2007.[9]

The London Symphony Orchestra released an orchestral cover of the song on its 1977 LP Classic Rock. Robin Trower covered the song for his Long Misty Days album, with his longtime bassist James Dewar on vocals.[10] The melody is used for the football chant "No one likes us, we don't care", sung by Millwall supporters.[11] The melody is also used by German football club Hertha BSC Berlin for their chant 'The Hertha Hymn' titled 'Nur Nach Hause' which is sung at matches as the team enters the field.

I am sailing, I am sailing
Home again, 'cross the sea
I am sailing stormy waters
To be near you, to be free

I am flying, I am flying
Like a bird, 'cross the sky
I am flying, passing high clouds
To be with you, to be free

Can you hear me, can you hear me
Through the dark night far away
I am dying, forever crying
To be with you, who can say

Can you hear me, can you hear me
Through the dark night far away
I am dying, forever crying
To be with you, who can say

We are sailing, we are sailing
Home again 'cross the sea
We are sailing stormy waters
To be near you, to be free

Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free
Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free
Oh Lord, to be near you, to be free
Oh Lord




Read more: Rod Stewart - I Am Sailing Lyrics |lyrics.wikia.com








Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New templates on your Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. JN Creative Entertainment - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger