Home » , , , , , , , , » Mandy (Cover Version of Barry Manilow)

Mandy (Cover Version of Barry Manilow)

Mandy ...

Mandy is always part of my life since I was a teenager.  One of my puppy love was name Mandy.  She did not give me her real name and an year older than me.  It always one of my signature song for any singing competition and need to revive this song back to my life again. Both of my late beloved parents are home-pigeon singers.  Apparently they put the two recessive genes together and I came to this Planet Earth with the love of music which is always part of my life.  It was a lonely life when I was in the high school and often desperately wanted to be singer.  With simple guidance from the local singer Jennifer Yen, I began my singing practices in the bath room and toilet next to the cemetery.  With my voice always pulling cows to the trees, it took me many years to pull trough alone.

My classmate, Patrick Yau, introduced Barry Manilow to me and since then I was obsessed with Barry Manilow, sighing over his “Weekend in New England”-pining over those “long rocky beaches, and you by the bay.” and stay if you wish and lastly it would be Somewhere in the night.


If you unable watch my youtube that embeded in this blog, feel free click here to direct to another window display this video.
Whenever you see a (E) which indicated it had been enhanced using youtube tools to make it louder.



Enhanced Published on October 7, 2014
Ref: 20141007-00057-201410070248-00005-SUNP0052 Mandy
Recorded at Middlebrough, United Kingdom



Published on May 31, 2014
Ref: 20140531-00056-201410070248-00225-SUNP0052 Mandy
Recorded at Middlebrough, United Kingdom

Those who love to listen to my singing and keen to invite me to sing in any concert as your guest singer or xfactor, BGT, AGT, The Voice or any musical events, feel free contact me at london.jamesnakason at gmail dot com. Preferred countries mostly from USA, Canada, Russia, EU, UK, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Thailand, Philippines, Australia, NZ, India and South America. I love singing, and play musical instruments like Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Bass, Harmonica (24 holes), Violin, Recorder (Soprano & Treble-altro), Midi gadgets.

Special Attention my dear FOLKS ...
Backup FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Nakason/335170904327
FYI, The above link had been removed by the BLOODY EVIL PARASITES FUCKbook, due to their BLOODY lame excuses copySHIT law.  My cover songs have NO COMMERCIAL VALUE and I am only just a student learning to sing these songs and put that online so that my friends or anyone can comment on it so I can continue to improve my singing.  These EVIL BASTARDS removed my most favourite FUCKbook fan page on above link.


FB: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone006/ 
Latest FUCKbook: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone001/
Latest FUCKbook: https://www.facebook.com/jamesnakason001/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesNakasoneHuangCareer/posts
Blogger: Site: http://jntubechannels.blogspot.com/
Blogger Site: http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.com/
Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/c/JamesNakasoneHuangCareer
Backup Youtube Site: https://www.youtube.com/user/dhammatunes 
Download: https://vimeo.com/99999999
News: X Factor hopefuls experience joy and sorrow at auditions in Sage Gateshead

Contact: Skype id: jamesnakasone or alphajanaka


Recorded at Middlebrough, United Kingdom.
Video Shot by Myself
Video Edited by Myself
"Mandy'' as  originally titled "Brandy" was a hit in 1971 for Scott English in the UK and in 1972 for Bunny Walters in New Zealand, but achieved greater success when covered in 1974 by Barry Manilow in the US with the title changed to "Mandy" to avoid confusion with Looking Glass's "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)". 
Written by:  originally titled "Brandy", is a song written and composed by Scott English and Richard Kerr..

Category: Music
License Standard: YouTube License
Created using: YouTube Video Editor
Source videos: View attributions

Mandy


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Mandy", originally titled "Brandy", is a song written and composed by Scott English and Richard Kerr.[1]


"Brandy" was a hit in 1971 for Scott English in the UK and in 1972 for Bunny Walters in New Zealand, but achieved greater success when covered in 1974 by Barry Manilow in the US with the title changed to "Mandy" to avoid confusion with Looking Glass's "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)". His version reached the top of the US Hot 100 Singles Chart. Later on, it was recorded by many other artists. Irish boyband Westlife had a UK number one with their version in 2003.

In 1974, recorded by Barry Manilow under the title "Mandy", the song was Manilow's first number-one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 and Easy Listening charts, and his first gold single.

In the three years between English's and Manilow's recordings, Looking Glass's "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" had hit number-one in 1972. Therefore, to avoid confusion, when Manilow decided to record the selection, he changed the title to "Mandy". It was Clive Davis who suggested that Manilow record the selection. Joe Renzetti arranged the record.[5] Manilow originally recorded it as an up-tempo bubblegum pop tune similar to English's original, but he and his producer, Ron Dante, reportedly hated the way it turned out; thus, he re-recorded it as a ballad and was much more pleased with the results.[citation needed]

In the Manilow version, the first two lines from the fourth verse following the instrumental section, were omitted, being:

"Riding on a country bus/ No one even noticed us."


Lyrics


I remember all my life
Raining down as cold as ice
Shadows of a man
A face through a window
Crying in the night
The night goes into

Morning just another day
Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
How happy you made me
Oh Mandy

When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Mandy
When you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today, oh Mandy

I'm standing on the edge of time
I walked away when love was mine
Caught up in a world
Of uphill climbing
Tears are on my mind
Nothing is rhyming
Oh Mandy

When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Mandy
When you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today
Oh Mandy

Yesterdays a dream
I faced the morning
Cryin' on the breeze
The pain is calling
Oh Mandy

When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Mandy
When you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today
Oh Mandy

When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Mandy
When you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you

Oh Mandy wont you listen to what I've got to say
Oh Mandy don't you let me throw it all away
Oh Mandy wont you listen to what I've got to say
And I need you today
Oh Mandy

Songwriters
ENGLISH, SCOTT DAVID / KERR, RICHARD BUCHANAN

Published by
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group, EMI Music Publishing



Read more: Barry Manilow - Mandy Lyrics | MetroLyrics




















Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New templates on your Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. JN Creative Entertainment - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger