Home » , , , , , , , , , » Mandy (Cover Version of Barry Manilow)

Mandy (Cover Version of Barry Manilow)

Mandy ...

Very early part of my life, I remember I have tried very hard to learn this song Mandy for my singing competition song  till it also part of me now.  It is another my xfactor signature song .. LOL

"Mandy", originally titled "Brandy", is a song written and composed by Scott English and Richard Kerr.[1]

"Brandy" was a hit in 1971 for Scott English in the UK and in 1972 for Bunny Walters in New Zealand, but achieved greater success when covered in 1974 by Barry Manilow in the US, with the title changed to from "Brandy" to "Mandy" to avoid confusion with Looking Glass's "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)". His version reached the top of the US Hot 100 Singles Chart. Later on, it was recorded by many other artists. The song was a UK #1 hit in 2003 for Irish boyband Westlife.
Mandy - Barry Manilow
Whenever you see a (E) which indicated it had been enhanced using youtube tools to make it louder.
Here is the link, if you wanna to watch it over directly at YouTube Site.



Enhanced Published on October 7, 2014
Ref: 20141007-00057-201410070248-00005-SUNP0052 Mandy
Recorded at Middlebrough, United Kingdom
Here is the link, If you wanna watch it directly from YouTube Site.



Published on May 31, 2014
Ref: 20140531-00056-201410070248-00225-SUNP0052 Mandy
Recorded at Middlebrough, United Kingdom
Those who love to listen to my singing and keen to invite me to sing in any concert as your guest singer or xfactor, BGT, AGT, The Voice or any musical events, feel free contact me at london.jamesnakason at gmail dot com. Preferred countries mostly from USA, Canada, Russia, EU, UK, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Mongolia, Thailand, Philippines, Australia, NZ, India and South America. I love singing, and play musical instruments like Piano, Keyboard, Guitar, Bass, Harmonica (24 holes), Violin, Recorder (Soprano & Treble-altro), Midi gadgets.

Special Attention my dear FOLKS ...
Backup FB: https://www.facebook.com/pages/James-Nakason/335170904327
FYI, The above link had been removed by the BLOODY EVIL PARASITES FUCKbook, due to their BLOODY lame excuses copySHIT law.  My cover songs have NO COMMERCIAL VALUE and I am only just a student learning to sing these songs and put that online so that my friends or anyone can comment on it so I can continue to improve my singing.  These EVIL BASTARDS removed my most favourite FUCKbook fan page on above link.


FB: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone006/ 
Latest FUCKbook: https://www.facebook.com/jamesbone001/
Latest FUCKbook: https://www.facebook.com/jamesnakason001/
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JamesNakasoneHuangCareer/posts
Blogger: Site: http://jntubechannels.blogspot.com/
Blogger Site: http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.com/
Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/c/JamesNakasoneHuangCareer
Backup Youtube Site: https://www.youtube.com/user/dhammatunes 
Download: https://vimeo.com/99999999
News: X Factor hopefuls experience joy and sorrow at auditions in Sage Gateshead

Contact: Skype id: jamesnakasone or alphajanaka



Recorded at Middlebrough, United Kingdom.
Video Shot by Myself
Video Edited by Myself
"Mandy'' as  originally titled "Brandy" was a hit in 1971 for Scott English in the UK and in 1972 for Bunny Walters in New Zealand, but achieved greater success when covered in 1974 by Barry Manilow in the US with the title changed to "Mandy" to avoid confusion with Looking Glass's "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)". 
Written by:  originally titled "Brandy", is a song written and composed by Scott English and Richard Kerr..

Category: Music
License Standard: YouTube License
Created using: YouTube Video Editor
Source videos: View attributions

http://jncreativeentertainment.blogspot.dk/2014/10/mandy-cover-version-of-barry-manilow.html


From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Under the title Brandy, the selection's original title, the song charted in 1971 for Scott English, one of its co-composers, whose version of it reached #12 in the UK Singles Charts. It was also released in the United States, where it was a minor hit, remaining in the lower portion of the Hot 100.

The suggestion that Scott English wrote the song about a favorite dog is apparently an urban legend. English has said that a reporter called him early one morning asking who "Brandy" was, and an irritated English made up the dog story to get the reporter off his back.[2] In a 2013 interview, he said the idea for the song title came from the off-colour expression "Brandy goes down fine after dinner, doesn't she". He said he hated the Manilow version because he took out part of a verse and made it a bridge, but he later loved it because it bought him houses. The song was inspired by his life, he said, the face in the window being his father.[3]

In 1974, Barry Manilow recorded it under the title name of "Mandy". The song was Manilow's first #1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 and Easy Listening charts, and his first gold single.

In the three years between English's and Manilow's recordings, Looking Glass's "Brandy (You're a Fine Girl)" had hit #1 in 1972. When Clive Davis suggested that Manilow record the selection, the singer changed the title to "Mandy" to avoid confusion. Joe Renzetti arranged the record.[7]

In the Manilow version, the first two lines from the fourth verse, following the instrumental section, were omitted. They were:
"Riding on a country bus/
No one even noticed us."


I remember all my life
Raining down as cold as ice
Shadows of a man
A face through a window
Crying in the night
The night goes into

Morning just another day
Happy people pass my way
Looking in their eyes
I see a memory
I never realized
How happy you made me
Oh Mandy

When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Mandy
When you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today, oh Mandy

I'm standing on the edge of time
I walked away when love was mine
Caught up in a world
Of uphill climbing
Tears are on my mind
Nothing is rhyming
Oh Mandy

When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Mandy
When you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today
Oh Mandy

Yesterdays a dream
I faced the morning
Cryin' on the breeze
The pain is calling
Oh Mandy

When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Mandy
When you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you today
Oh Mandy

When you came and you gave without taking
But I sent you away, oh Mandy
When you kissed me and stopped me from shaking
And I need you

Oh Mandy wont you listen to what I've got to say
Oh Mandy don't you let me throw it all away
Oh Mandy wont you listen to what I've got to say
And I need you today
Oh Mandy

Songwriters
ENGLISH, SCOTT DAVID / KERR, RICHARD BUCHANAN

Published by
Lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc., Universal Music Publishing Group, EMI Music Publishing



Read more: Barry Manilow - Mandy Lyrics | MetroLyrics







Barry Manilow

Barry Manilow



Share this article :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

New templates on your Email

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2013. JN Creative Entertainment - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger